Saturday, August 1, 2009

Speaking at Maskani Yake (His Dwelling Place): Sunday, July 27, 2009

On Sunday, I was asked to give a “sermonette” ☺ (mini-sermon). I decided to speak on the topic, “Divine Appointments that Edify.” I spoke about the relationship of Paul and Peter in the New Testament and how God used their relationship with one another to bring about growth and maturity. I encouraged the congregation that there may be times in their lives when God will use their friends to correct their behavior, attitudes, motivations, etc. and there may be times when God will use them to correct their brothers or sisters, but the key to being used in such a manner is to do so love and humility.

After service, the pastor told me that he was very encouraged by the message as it really touched his heart. I was so blessed.

No comments: